All secondary pupils in Islington in good or outstanding schools
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Every secondary school pupil in Islington attends a good or outstanding institution, according to figures released by Ofsted.
The borough is one of only nine authorities in the country that boasts a 100 per cent rate, seven of which are in London.
The figures were released in Ofsted’s annual report today, in which it found a “patchwork of provision”, with some areas performing much better than others in what was described as a “tale of two nations”.
Of Islington’s 10 secondary schools three have been judged outstanding by the watchdog, with seven labelled good.
The borough’s primary school children are in the top 16 in the country, with 89pc of pupils in good or outstanding institutions.
Cllr Joe Caluori, Islington Council’s executive member for children and families, said: “These results confirm what we already know about Islington schools – they are improving year on year and are offering our students a first class education.
We set high standards for our schools and the fact that we are beating both the national and inner London results shows that this is paying off.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 3 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 4 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 5 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 6 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 7 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 8 'White lives matter' graffiti removed in Archway after two months
- 9 Caledonian artist attempting to paint 100 London pubs
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
“All of Islington’s secondary schools are rated good or outstanding by Ofsted, which makes them the best of the best.”