All secondary pupils in Islington in good or outstanding schools
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Every secondary school pupil in Islington attends a good or outstanding institution, according to figures released by Ofsted.
The borough is one of only nine authorities in the country that boasts a 100 per cent rate, seven of which are in London.
The figures were released in Ofsted’s annual report today, in which it found a “patchwork of provision”, with some areas performing much better than others in what was described as a “tale of two nations”.
Of Islington’s 10 secondary schools three have been judged outstanding by the watchdog, with seven labelled good.
The borough’s primary school children are in the top 16 in the country, with 89pc of pupils in good or outstanding institutions.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Joe Caluori, Islington Council’s executive member for children and families, said: “These results confirm what we already know about Islington schools – they are improving year on year and are offering our students a first class education.
We set high standards for our schools and the fact that we are beating both the national and inner London results shows that this is paying off.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
“All of Islington’s secondary schools are rated good or outstanding by Ofsted, which makes them the best of the best.”