All-singing, all-dancing first musical at Islington’s Toffee Park adventure playground
- Credit: Archant
It was an all-singing, all-dancing affair for the Toffee Park Adventure Playground’s first ever talent show.
The Ironmonger Row playground, run by Islington Play Association, was awash with colour and song as children performed solos and group songs they’d picked themselves.
Highlights of the September 1 show included a performance of the Pharrell Williams hit single Happy.
All the songs were accompanied by a machine blowing out bubbles, much to the children’s delight.
Toffee Park deputy manager Ryan Connor said: “The children worked very hard to make a musical for their parents, to show off their talents and to make this first-ever production happen at Toffee Park.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a unique event which expressed what children can do when they put they mind to a project with little resources.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 9 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'