All-singing, all-dancing first musical at Islington’s Toffee Park adventure playground
- Credit: Archant
It was an all-singing, all-dancing affair for the Toffee Park Adventure Playground’s first ever talent show.
The Ironmonger Row playground, run by Islington Play Association, was awash with colour and song as children performed solos and group songs they’d picked themselves.
Highlights of the September 1 show included a performance of the Pharrell Williams hit single Happy.
All the songs were accompanied by a machine blowing out bubbles, much to the children’s delight.
Toffee Park deputy manager Ryan Connor said: “The children worked very hard to make a musical for their parents, to show off their talents and to make this first-ever production happen at Toffee Park.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a unique event which expressed what children can do when they put they mind to a project with little resources.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 8 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition