All-singing, all-dancing first musical at Islington’s Toffee Park adventure playground
- Credit: Archant
It was an all-singing, all-dancing affair for the Toffee Park Adventure Playground’s first ever talent show.
The Ironmonger Row playground, run by Islington Play Association, was awash with colour and song as children performed solos and group songs they’d picked themselves.
Highlights of the September 1 show included a performance of the Pharrell Williams hit single Happy.
All the songs were accompanied by a machine blowing out bubbles, much to the children’s delight.
Toffee Park deputy manager Ryan Connor said: “The children worked very hard to make a musical for their parents, to show off their talents and to make this first-ever production happen at Toffee Park.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a unique event which expressed what children can do when they put they mind to a project with little resources.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green