Archway school gets the thumbs up from inspectors
A GIRLS’ school in Islington has been awarded ‘good’ status following an Ofsted inspection.
Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Technology College for Girls, in Holland Walk, Archway, received the rating after the watchdog visited them in January.
The school was described as providing students with a “good quality of education”.
The report said: “Because of its small size, students are treated and known as individuals, and support is targeted well to ensure that all groups of students make good progress.”
It added: “Students are happy and very much enjoy coming to the college, and they make a good contribution to the college and the wider community.”
You may also want to watch:
A letter from the inspector to the school noted that while results in maths and science were below the national average, they were set to improve.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire