Archway school gets the thumbs up from inspectors
A GIRLS’ school in Islington has been awarded ‘good’ status following an Ofsted inspection.
Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Technology College for Girls, in Holland Walk, Archway, received the rating after the watchdog visited them in January.
The school was described as providing students with a “good quality of education”.
The report said: “Because of its small size, students are treated and known as individuals, and support is targeted well to ensure that all groups of students make good progress.”
It added: “Students are happy and very much enjoy coming to the college, and they make a good contribution to the college and the wider community.”
You may also want to watch:
A letter from the inspector to the school noted that while results in maths and science were below the national average, they were set to improve.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants