Archway school gets the thumbs up from inspectors
A GIRLS’ school in Islington has been awarded ‘good’ status following an Ofsted inspection.
Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Technology College for Girls, in Holland Walk, Archway, received the rating after the watchdog visited them in January.
The school was described as providing students with a “good quality of education”.
The report said: “Because of its small size, students are treated and known as individuals, and support is targeted well to ensure that all groups of students make good progress.”
It added: “Students are happy and very much enjoy coming to the college, and they make a good contribution to the college and the wider community.”
You may also want to watch:
A letter from the inspector to the school noted that while results in maths and science were below the national average, they were set to improve.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 8 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 9 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 10 'Knife crime is still on the rise': JJ McPhillips' mum fundraises for education