Archway school gets the thumbs up from inspectors
A GIRLS’ school in Islington has been awarded ‘good’ status following an Ofsted inspection.
Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Technology College for Girls, in Holland Walk, Archway, received the rating after the watchdog visited them in January.
The school was described as providing students with a “good quality of education”.
The report said: “Because of its small size, students are treated and known as individuals, and support is targeted well to ensure that all groups of students make good progress.”
It added: “Students are happy and very much enjoy coming to the college, and they make a good contribution to the college and the wider community.”
You may also want to watch:
A letter from the inspector to the school noted that while results in maths and science were below the national average, they were set to improve.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 5 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Islington arts groups get £6.6m government Covid boost
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Can you help identify this man?