Bond girl Naomie Harris joins star-studded anniversary celebration at Islington’s legendary Anna Scher theatre school
- Credit: Archant
TV and film stars including Bond girl Naomie Harris returned to the legendary theatre school that kick-started their careers as its much-loved founder celebrated 45 years of teaching drama in Islington.
Drama teacher Anna Scher, 68, marked the milestone on Friday at her school based in St Silas Church in Penton Street, Islington, with pupils past and present.
They included Finsbury Park-born Ms Harris, who starred alongside Daniel Craig in the latest James Bond film Skyfall, actor and director Dexter Fletcher, and EastEnders stars Jake Wood, who plays Max Branning, and Tameka Empson, who plays Kim Fox.
She said: “It was a lovely evening despite the cold in the church! We held a drama workshop and then had a cabaret performance with poetry, dance and singing which was wonderful.
“I keep in touch with many of my old pupils but it was lovely to see them. The next big one will be 50 – I’ll still be teaching then.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Scher has trained dozens of thespians who have gone on to great success over the years, including Martin Kemp, Brooke Kinsella, Kathy Burke and many more, but she says she is just as proud of all her students who never went into acting.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington