Bond girl Naomie Harris joins star-studded anniversary celebration at Islington’s legendary Anna Scher theatre school
- Credit: Archant
TV and film stars including Bond girl Naomie Harris returned to the legendary theatre school that kick-started their careers as its much-loved founder celebrated 45 years of teaching drama in Islington.
Drama teacher Anna Scher, 68, marked the milestone on Friday at her school based in St Silas Church in Penton Street, Islington, with pupils past and present.
They included Finsbury Park-born Ms Harris, who starred alongside Daniel Craig in the latest James Bond film Skyfall, actor and director Dexter Fletcher, and EastEnders stars Jake Wood, who plays Max Branning, and Tameka Empson, who plays Kim Fox.
She said: “It was a lovely evening despite the cold in the church! We held a drama workshop and then had a cabaret performance with poetry, dance and singing which was wonderful.
“I keep in touch with many of my old pupils but it was lovely to see them. The next big one will be 50 – I’ll still be teaching then.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Scher has trained dozens of thespians who have gone on to great success over the years, including Martin Kemp, Brooke Kinsella, Kathy Burke and many more, but she says she is just as proud of all her students who never went into acting.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays