Boris Johnson awards Islington groups grants
Mayor of London Boris Johnson has bestowed small grants on two Islington community groups.
The beneficiaries, whichwill both receive �1,000, are Touching The Community (TTC), in The Rock Tower, Tufnell Park Road, Holloway and Choices Community Interest Group, which operates from Caxton House Community Centre, St John’s Way, Archway.
TTC will use the money to support a film project, while Choices will train volunteers to help people use the internet.
Around �600,000 was given out to 60 similar groups by the mayor’s office.
Mr Johnson, said: “These micro grants are ensuring that smaller community projects right across the capital are receiving the support they deserve.
You may also want to watch:
“Often, it only takes small chunks of cash to provide a much-needed boost.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden