Boris Johnson awards Islington groups grants
Mayor of London Boris Johnson has bestowed small grants on two Islington community groups.
The beneficiaries, whichwill both receive �1,000, are Touching The Community (TTC), in The Rock Tower, Tufnell Park Road, Holloway and Choices Community Interest Group, which operates from Caxton House Community Centre, St John’s Way, Archway.
TTC will use the money to support a film project, while Choices will train volunteers to help people use the internet.
Around �600,000 was given out to 60 similar groups by the mayor’s office.
Mr Johnson, said: “These micro grants are ensuring that smaller community projects right across the capital are receiving the support they deserve.
You may also want to watch:
“Often, it only takes small chunks of cash to provide a much-needed boost.”
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington