Budding Islington chefs bake off for Jamie Oliver proteges
- Credit: Archant
Budding chefs got to try out their skills in an Easter bake off - judged by a group of Jamie Oliver proteges.
Pupils from Rotherfield Primary School, in Rotherfield Street, Islington, cooked up their finest hot cross buns in the competition on Thursday.
The best bun was selected by chefs from Mr Oliver’s restaurant Fifteen, in Finsbury.
Eight-year-old Asif said: “I’m so excited to be part of the winning team.”
Rotherfield is one of only two schools in the country taking part in the Jamie Oliver Kitchen Garden Project, which gets kids learning how to cook meals using food grown in the school garden.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine O’Keefe, a parent and governor at the school, said; “It was fantastic - everyone had a great time and did really well.
“Even the chefs from Fifteen said they could see the potential, so we could have some future cooks on our hands.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'