Budding Islington chefs bake off for Jamie Oliver proteges
- Credit: Archant
Budding chefs got to try out their skills in an Easter bake off - judged by a group of Jamie Oliver proteges.
Pupils from Rotherfield Primary School, in Rotherfield Street, Islington, cooked up their finest hot cross buns in the competition on Thursday.
The best bun was selected by chefs from Mr Oliver’s restaurant Fifteen, in Finsbury.
Eight-year-old Asif said: “I’m so excited to be part of the winning team.”
Rotherfield is one of only two schools in the country taking part in the Jamie Oliver Kitchen Garden Project, which gets kids learning how to cook meals using food grown in the school garden.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine O’Keefe, a parent and governor at the school, said; “It was fantastic - everyone had a great time and did really well.
“Even the chefs from Fifteen said they could see the potential, so we could have some future cooks on our hands.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets