Budding Islington chefs bake off for Jamie Oliver proteges
- Credit: Archant
Budding chefs got to try out their skills in an Easter bake off - judged by a group of Jamie Oliver proteges.
Pupils from Rotherfield Primary School, in Rotherfield Street, Islington, cooked up their finest hot cross buns in the competition on Thursday.
The best bun was selected by chefs from Mr Oliver’s restaurant Fifteen, in Finsbury.
Eight-year-old Asif said: “I’m so excited to be part of the winning team.”
Rotherfield is one of only two schools in the country taking part in the Jamie Oliver Kitchen Garden Project, which gets kids learning how to cook meals using food grown in the school garden.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine O’Keefe, a parent and governor at the school, said; “It was fantastic - everyone had a great time and did really well.
“Even the chefs from Fifteen said they could see the potential, so we could have some future cooks on our hands.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter