City of London Academy Highgate Hill students put through paces at new boxing club
- Credit: Archant
A set of enthusiastic City of London Academy Highgate Hill youngsters are being put through their paces in the school’s new boxing club.
Islington Boxing Club’s Anthony Wright has signed up to teach students the basic skills, drills and techniques for the sport, as well as working hard to improve their fitness.
“Starting our boxing club is an exciting opportunity for the students,” said Anthony. “Boxing is a new experience for the kids and a challenging activity.
“I’m really impressed with the effort that all the students have put into the sessions so far.”
The lessons are free to attend and take place in the school’s PE department, with all equipment provided.
You may also want to watch:
Year 7 student Taysean said: “Boxing is fun and it’s also good for your fitness and confidence. Anthony is teaching us new skills – for example, how to stay balanced so we can improve.
“I’m really enjoying it.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild