City of London Academy Highgate Hill students put through paces at new boxing club
- Credit: Archant
A set of enthusiastic City of London Academy Highgate Hill youngsters are being put through their paces in the school’s new boxing club.
Islington Boxing Club’s Anthony Wright has signed up to teach students the basic skills, drills and techniques for the sport, as well as working hard to improve their fitness.
“Starting our boxing club is an exciting opportunity for the students,” said Anthony. “Boxing is a new experience for the kids and a challenging activity.
“I’m really impressed with the effort that all the students have put into the sessions so far.”
The lessons are free to attend and take place in the school’s PE department, with all equipment provided.
You may also want to watch:
Year 7 student Taysean said: “Boxing is fun and it’s also good for your fitness and confidence. Anthony is teaching us new skills – for example, how to stay balanced so we can improve.
“I’m really enjoying it.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension