City of London Academy rated Outstanding by Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
City of London Academy Islington has been given the best rated Outstanding by Ofsted – the highest possible grade.
The school in Prebend Street was recognised for “leaving no child behind”, its outstanding outcomes and its exceptional pupil progress.
Inspectors who visited last month found “teachers use information about their pupils to plan excellent lessons” and “they facilitate pupils’ learning by providing outstanding guidance.”
The report said since head Clare Verga arrived in 2012, CoLAI has been transformed and rated leadership and management Outstanding.
Ms Verga said: “I am delighted that we have been recognised as an outstanding academy in the work we do in serving our young people.
“It has been a journey of transformation at City of London Academy Islington and I am exceptionally proud of all students and staff for their contribution and hard work as an outstanding school.”
The school, run by the City of London Corporation and City, University of London, was given a Good rating in 2014, the second best grade.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 5 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 8 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 9 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road