City University student named as top legal prospect
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
A student at an Islington university has been hailed as one of the top legal prospects in the country.
Lukas Hamilton Eddy, a postgraduate student at City University London, fought off stiff competition from four rivals in his category to win the prestigious title of Future Legal Mind 2015.
On top of the award, Mr Hamilton Eddy, 25, will also receive £5,000 towards his legal studies and a highly coveted placement at leading solicitor firm Colemans-ctts.
The high-flier, 25, who is training to become a barrister, was asked to demonstrate a combination of original thinking and sharp legal insight in by explaining how he thinks the provision of legal services should change over the next 10 years and how the changes would effect justic.
As part of his prize, his response – which wowed an expert panel of judges – has been published by Lawyer2B.com, the leading publication aimed at aspiring lawyers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hamilton Eddy, who lives in Kensington but studies at the university campus in St john Street, said: “I’m absolutely delighted to have won. I’d like to thank the judging panel as well as my friends and family who have supported me to date.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition