City University student named as top legal prospect
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
A student at an Islington university has been hailed as one of the top legal prospects in the country.
Lukas Hamilton Eddy, a postgraduate student at City University London, fought off stiff competition from four rivals in his category to win the prestigious title of Future Legal Mind 2015.
On top of the award, Mr Hamilton Eddy, 25, will also receive £5,000 towards his legal studies and a highly coveted placement at leading solicitor firm Colemans-ctts.
The high-flier, 25, who is training to become a barrister, was asked to demonstrate a combination of original thinking and sharp legal insight in by explaining how he thinks the provision of legal services should change over the next 10 years and how the changes would effect justic.
As part of his prize, his response – which wowed an expert panel of judges – has been published by Lawyer2B.com, the leading publication aimed at aspiring lawyers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hamilton Eddy, who lives in Kensington but studies at the university campus in St john Street, said: “I’m absolutely delighted to have won. I’d like to thank the judging panel as well as my friends and family who have supported me to date.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers