City University student named as top legal prospect
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
A student at an Islington university has been hailed as one of the top legal prospects in the country.
Lukas Hamilton Eddy, a postgraduate student at City University London, fought off stiff competition from four rivals in his category to win the prestigious title of Future Legal Mind 2015.
On top of the award, Mr Hamilton Eddy, 25, will also receive £5,000 towards his legal studies and a highly coveted placement at leading solicitor firm Colemans-ctts.
The high-flier, 25, who is training to become a barrister, was asked to demonstrate a combination of original thinking and sharp legal insight in by explaining how he thinks the provision of legal services should change over the next 10 years and how the changes would effect justic.
As part of his prize, his response – which wowed an expert panel of judges – has been published by Lawyer2B.com, the leading publication aimed at aspiring lawyers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hamilton Eddy, who lives in Kensington but studies at the university campus in St john Street, said: “I’m absolutely delighted to have won. I’d like to thank the judging panel as well as my friends and family who have supported me to date.”
- 1 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 2 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham