Comedian Charlie Higson shows students the fast path to success
COMEDIAN Charlie Higson raised awareness as well as a fair few smiles when he chaired a quiz for young people at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
The writer and Fast Show star hosted Islington’s Young Consumer of the Year contest for the second year running - testing knowledge of customer rights, managing money and citizenship.
The fast-paced University Challenge style contest was won by Central Foundation School, who will now head to the London final with runners-up St Aloysius’ RC College on March 24.
Councillor Barbara Sidnell, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “We want to help protect everyone from being ripped off.
“This is a chance for young people to show just how much they know, and learn some extra facts.
“Thanks again to Charlie Higson for giving up his time, and congratulations to the winners and all who took part.”
The event was sponsored by Arsenal and their caterers, Delaware North. Local businesses Office Shoes and A Suit that Fits gave prizes for outstanding individuals.
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 6 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 7 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 8 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington