Comedian Charlie Higson shows students the fast path to success
COMEDIAN Charlie Higson raised awareness as well as a fair few smiles when he chaired a quiz for young people at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
The writer and Fast Show star hosted Islington’s Young Consumer of the Year contest for the second year running - testing knowledge of customer rights, managing money and citizenship.
The fast-paced University Challenge style contest was won by Central Foundation School, who will now head to the London final with runners-up St Aloysius’ RC College on March 24.
Councillor Barbara Sidnell, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “We want to help protect everyone from being ripped off.
“This is a chance for young people to show just how much they know, and learn some extra facts.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks again to Charlie Higson for giving up his time, and congratulations to the winners and all who took part.”
The event was sponsored by Arsenal and their caterers, Delaware North. Local businesses Office Shoes and A Suit that Fits gave prizes for outstanding individuals.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story