Comedian Charlie Higson shows students the fast path to success
COMEDIAN Charlie Higson raised awareness as well as a fair few smiles when he chaired a quiz for young people at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
The writer and Fast Show star hosted Islington’s Young Consumer of the Year contest for the second year running - testing knowledge of customer rights, managing money and citizenship.
The fast-paced University Challenge style contest was won by Central Foundation School, who will now head to the London final with runners-up St Aloysius’ RC College on March 24.
Councillor Barbara Sidnell, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “We want to help protect everyone from being ripped off.
“This is a chance for young people to show just how much they know, and learn some extra facts.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks again to Charlie Higson for giving up his time, and congratulations to the winners and all who took part.”
The event was sponsored by Arsenal and their caterers, Delaware North. Local businesses Office Shoes and A Suit that Fits gave prizes for outstanding individuals.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 7 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 8 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 9 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub