Comedian Charlie Higson shows students the fast path to success
COMEDIAN Charlie Higson raised awareness as well as a fair few smiles when he chaired a quiz for young people at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
The writer and Fast Show star hosted Islington’s Young Consumer of the Year contest for the second year running - testing knowledge of customer rights, managing money and citizenship.
The fast-paced University Challenge style contest was won by Central Foundation School, who will now head to the London final with runners-up St Aloysius’ RC College on March 24.
Councillor Barbara Sidnell, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “We want to help protect everyone from being ripped off.
“This is a chance for young people to show just how much they know, and learn some extra facts.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks again to Charlie Higson for giving up his time, and congratulations to the winners and all who took part.”
The event was sponsored by Arsenal and their caterers, Delaware North. Local businesses Office Shoes and A Suit that Fits gave prizes for outstanding individuals.
- 1 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book