Community gears up for Gillespie Park Festival
A cherished park and ecology centre holds its 26th annual gala on Sunday.
The Gillespie Park Festival, which takes place from 1 to 5pm, will feature a range of entertainment and activities for old and young alike.
The London Pride Morris Men will get the bells ringing, an acoustic cafe will play relaxing summer tunes and entertainment for the youngsters will include West African storytelling, acrobats and a solar-powered milk float.
A plethora of stalls promoting various charities and selling food and drink will also be provided by various Islington charities and organisations.
Pat Tuson, joint organiser of the event, said: “This really is something that the whole community looks forward to. Even people who have moved away from Islington come back just for the festival to re-unite with old friends and get introduced to new ones. It’s a fantastic day enjoyed by the whole family.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be opened by Islington Mayor Cllr Jilani Chowdhury.
For more information call 0207 609 5093.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Designated Covid care setting celebrates intervention on insurance issues