Community gears up for Gillespie Park Festival
A cherished park and ecology centre holds its 26th annual gala on Sunday.
The Gillespie Park Festival, which takes place from 1 to 5pm, will feature a range of entertainment and activities for old and young alike.
The London Pride Morris Men will get the bells ringing, an acoustic cafe will play relaxing summer tunes and entertainment for the youngsters will include West African storytelling, acrobats and a solar-powered milk float.
A plethora of stalls promoting various charities and selling food and drink will also be provided by various Islington charities and organisations.
Pat Tuson, joint organiser of the event, said: “This really is something that the whole community looks forward to. Even people who have moved away from Islington come back just for the festival to re-unite with old friends and get introduced to new ones. It’s a fantastic day enjoyed by the whole family.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be opened by Islington Mayor Cllr Jilani Chowdhury.
For more information call 0207 609 5093.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition