Community gears up for Gillespie Park Festival
A cherished park and ecology centre holds its 26th annual gala on Sunday.
The Gillespie Park Festival, which takes place from 1 to 5pm, will feature a range of entertainment and activities for old and young alike.
The London Pride Morris Men will get the bells ringing, an acoustic cafe will play relaxing summer tunes and entertainment for the youngsters will include West African storytelling, acrobats and a solar-powered milk float.
A plethora of stalls promoting various charities and selling food and drink will also be provided by various Islington charities and organisations.
Pat Tuson, joint organiser of the event, said: “This really is something that the whole community looks forward to. Even people who have moved away from Islington come back just for the festival to re-unite with old friends and get introduced to new ones. It’s a fantastic day enjoyed by the whole family.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be opened by Islington Mayor Cllr Jilani Chowdhury.
For more information call 0207 609 5093.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows