Cracking competition at the Olymp-eggs in Islington
Pupils egged on their Olympic heroes in a creative Easter competition.
Gillespie Primary School in Highbury brought the Olympic theme to its annual egg decorating competition with the children painting their eggs and placing them in scenes inspired by the 2012 Games.
Annabelle Pusey, seven, and her sister Alice, four, made a swimming race from the “Egg-lympics”, while Ella Forsyth, eight, created beam “egg-spert” Peggy and Raphael Tindale, nine, predicted a wheelchair basketball men’s final between Nigeria and Germany.
Headteacher Mark Owen said: “The themed Easter egg competition is now an annual event and this year we just had to choose the “Olympeggs”.
“I was impressed with the original entries which included famous Olympians such as “Steve Eggrave”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The puns don’t get any better but we love them all.”
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?