Cracking competition at the Olymp-eggs in Islington
Pupils egged on their Olympic heroes in a creative Easter competition.
Gillespie Primary School in Highbury brought the Olympic theme to its annual egg decorating competition with the children painting their eggs and placing them in scenes inspired by the 2012 Games.
Annabelle Pusey, seven, and her sister Alice, four, made a swimming race from the “Egg-lympics”, while Ella Forsyth, eight, created beam “egg-spert” Peggy and Raphael Tindale, nine, predicted a wheelchair basketball men’s final between Nigeria and Germany.
Headteacher Mark Owen said: “The themed Easter egg competition is now an annual event and this year we just had to choose the “Olympeggs”.
“I was impressed with the original entries which included famous Olympians such as “Steve Eggrave”.
He added: “The puns don’t get any better but we love them all.”
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 6 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 7 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 8 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op