Cracking competition at the Olymp-eggs in Islington
Pupils egged on their Olympic heroes in a creative Easter competition.
Gillespie Primary School in Highbury brought the Olympic theme to its annual egg decorating competition with the children painting their eggs and placing them in scenes inspired by the 2012 Games.
Annabelle Pusey, seven, and her sister Alice, four, made a swimming race from the “Egg-lympics”, while Ella Forsyth, eight, created beam “egg-spert” Peggy and Raphael Tindale, nine, predicted a wheelchair basketball men’s final between Nigeria and Germany.
Headteacher Mark Owen said: “The themed Easter egg competition is now an annual event and this year we just had to choose the “Olympeggs”.
“I was impressed with the original entries which included famous Olympians such as “Steve Eggrave”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The puns don’t get any better but we love them all.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 10 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue