Cracking competition at the Olymp-eggs in Islington
Pupils egged on their Olympic heroes in a creative Easter competition.
Gillespie Primary School in Highbury brought the Olympic theme to its annual egg decorating competition with the children painting their eggs and placing them in scenes inspired by the 2012 Games.
Annabelle Pusey, seven, and her sister Alice, four, made a swimming race from the “Egg-lympics”, while Ella Forsyth, eight, created beam “egg-spert” Peggy and Raphael Tindale, nine, predicted a wheelchair basketball men’s final between Nigeria and Germany.
Headteacher Mark Owen said: “The themed Easter egg competition is now an annual event and this year we just had to choose the “Olympeggs”.
“I was impressed with the original entries which included famous Olympians such as “Steve Eggrave”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The puns don’t get any better but we love them all.”
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story