Islington’s Highbury Fields and Central Foundation Boys’ ‘well above average’ in Progress 8 performance scores
- Credit: Siorna Ashby
Highbury Fields School and Central Foundation Boys’ School are leading the way for Islington in the national Progress 8 performance charts.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education (DforE) published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of students sitting GCSEs in English and maths last year.
The tables use raw GCSE results and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
With a Progress 8 Score of +0.76, the value added score of pupils at Highbury Fields from primary school to GCSE is the highest in Hackney, while Central Foundation (0.7) is the second highest.
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2018 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 2 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 4 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 5 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 6 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
Highbury Fields School: 0.76
Central Foundation Boys’ School: 0.7
City of London Academy, Islington: 0.45
St Mary Magdalene Academy: 0.37
City of London Academy, Highbury Grove: 0.32
Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School: 0.24
City of London Academy, Highgate Hill: 0.06
St Aloysius College: 0.06
Arts and Media School Islington: -0.31
‘Well below average’:
Holloway School: -0.72
St Mary Magdalene Academy: The Courtyard: -1.53
No data is available for independent schools or schools which did not have pupils sit GCSEs this year.