Islington’s Highbury Fields and Central Foundation Boys’ ‘well above average’ in Progress 8 performance scores
- Credit: Siorna Ashby
Highbury Fields School and Central Foundation Boys’ School are leading the way for Islington in the national Progress 8 performance charts.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education (DforE) published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of students sitting GCSEs in English and maths last year.
The tables use raw GCSE results and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
With a Progress 8 Score of +0.76, the value added score of pupils at Highbury Fields from primary school to GCSE is the highest in Hackney, while Central Foundation (0.7) is the second highest.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2018 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 8 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 9 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
Highbury Fields School: 0.76
Central Foundation Boys’ School: 0.7
City of London Academy, Islington: 0.45
St Mary Magdalene Academy: 0.37
City of London Academy, Highbury Grove: 0.32
Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School: 0.24
City of London Academy, Highgate Hill: 0.06
St Aloysius College: 0.06
Arts and Media School Islington: -0.31
‘Well below average’:
Holloway School: -0.72
St Mary Magdalene Academy: The Courtyard: -1.53
No data is available for independent schools or schools which did not have pupils sit GCSEs this year.