DfE launch probe into ‘illegal’ school in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A school in Islington is under investigation by the Department for Education (DfE) for operating illegally.
A probe was launched after the unnamed school was brought to the attention of education authorities.
A DfE spokesman said: “We are aware of an unregistered school in Islington and are taking action.
“We cannot comment further while this is going on.”
The DfE and Islington Council refused to name the school while enquiries are underway.
You may also want to watch:
Unregistered schools operate outside the supervision of the DfE, the council and Ofsted and are often run by faith groups.
Anyone who runs an unregistered school is committing a criminal offence and can be prosecuted.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
* Do you have a child at this school? Or are you a parent with concerns about a local school? Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 07785 616 237 or email email@example.com