DfE launch probe into ‘illegal’ school in Islington
- Credit: Archant
A school in Islington is under investigation by the Department for Education (DfE) for operating illegally.
A probe was launched after the unnamed school was brought to the attention of education authorities.
A DfE spokesman said: “We are aware of an unregistered school in Islington and are taking action.
“We cannot comment further while this is going on.”
The DfE and Islington Council refused to name the school while enquiries are underway.
You may also want to watch:
Unregistered schools operate outside the supervision of the DfE, the council and Ofsted and are often run by faith groups.
Anyone who runs an unregistered school is committing a criminal offence and can be prosecuted.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 8 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 9 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
* Do you have a child at this school? Or are you a parent with concerns about a local school? Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 07785 616 237 or email email@example.com