DJ’s celebration of Black History Month at Whittington Hospital big hit
Around 100 people turned up to an evening featuring music, food and poetry to celebrate Black History Month.
The event at the N19 Restaurant at the Whittington Hospital, in Magdala Avenue, Archway, on Saturday, was staged by Eddie K, who DJs to patients there.
Highlights were a talk about high blood pressure – including how to make Caribbean dishes with less salt – and a talk about black sporting heroes.
Eddie, who has made the occasion an annual event, said: “It was a great success and everyone had a good time.
“The decor was a big hit and there were some brilliant speeches.
You may also want to watch:
“Right at the end I put some reggae music on and everyone started dancing.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter