DJ’s celebration of Black History Month at Whittington Hospital big hit
Around 100 people turned up to an evening featuring music, food and poetry to celebrate Black History Month.
The event at the N19 Restaurant at the Whittington Hospital, in Magdala Avenue, Archway, on Saturday, was staged by Eddie K, who DJs to patients there.
Highlights were a talk about high blood pressure – including how to make Caribbean dishes with less salt – and a talk about black sporting heroes.
Eddie, who has made the occasion an annual event, said: “It was a great success and everyone had a good time.
“The decor was a big hit and there were some brilliant speeches.
You may also want to watch:
“Right at the end I put some reggae music on and everyone started dancing.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 10 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue