DJ’s celebration of Black History Month at Whittington Hospital big hit
Around 100 people turned up to an evening featuring music, food and poetry to celebrate Black History Month.
The event at the N19 Restaurant at the Whittington Hospital, in Magdala Avenue, Archway, on Saturday, was staged by Eddie K, who DJs to patients there.
Highlights were a talk about high blood pressure – including how to make Caribbean dishes with less salt – and a talk about black sporting heroes.
Eddie, who has made the occasion an annual event, said: “It was a great success and everyone had a good time.
“The decor was a big hit and there were some brilliant speeches.
“Right at the end I put some reggae music on and everyone started dancing.”
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op