Dogs strut their stuff in Highbury
Tails were wagging at a dog show over the weekend.
Pooches strutted their struff in various events at the Scruffs Dog Show held at Highbury Fields, Highbury, on Sunday and organised by Islington Council’s parks and animal welfare teams.
The day attracted some 85 dog owners and spectators together with their furry friends which took part in various activities including a dog agility course.
The dogs also competed for titles such as the pet the judges would most like to take home and the pooch with the waggiest tail.
Advice on dog ownership and care was available.
You may also want to watch:
The prize for most improved dog earned a voucher for a grooming service Glam Dogs in Holloway Road.
Cllr Paul Smith, Islington Council’s executive member for environment, said: “This was both a great day out for dog lovers and a chance to learn to look after pets responsibly.”
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 7 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 8 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 9 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub