Dogs strut their stuff in Highbury
Tails were wagging at a dog show over the weekend.
Pooches strutted their struff in various events at the Scruffs Dog Show held at Highbury Fields, Highbury, on Sunday and organised by Islington Council’s parks and animal welfare teams.
The day attracted some 85 dog owners and spectators together with their furry friends which took part in various activities including a dog agility course.
The dogs also competed for titles such as the pet the judges would most like to take home and the pooch with the waggiest tail.
Advice on dog ownership and care was available.
You may also want to watch:
The prize for most improved dog earned a voucher for a grooming service Glam Dogs in Holloway Road.
Cllr Paul Smith, Islington Council’s executive member for environment, said: “This was both a great day out for dog lovers and a chance to learn to look after pets responsibly.”
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 9 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder