Dogs strut their stuff in Highbury
Tails were wagging at a dog show over the weekend.
Pooches strutted their struff in various events at the Scruffs Dog Show held at Highbury Fields, Highbury, on Sunday and organised by Islington Council’s parks and animal welfare teams.
The day attracted some 85 dog owners and spectators together with their furry friends which took part in various activities including a dog agility course.
The dogs also competed for titles such as the pet the judges would most like to take home and the pooch with the waggiest tail.
Advice on dog ownership and care was available.
You may also want to watch:
The prize for most improved dog earned a voucher for a grooming service Glam Dogs in Holloway Road.
Cllr Paul Smith, Islington Council’s executive member for environment, said: “This was both a great day out for dog lovers and a chance to learn to look after pets responsibly.”
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story