Finsbury school goes skipping mad
HUGH MYDDELTON headteacher Andy Turnock sends his pupils into raptures as he careers through the air during a Skip2Bfit funday – but his final score was rather ropey.
Teachers and pupils from the primary school in Myddelton Street, Finsbury, took part in a rigorous challenge to see how many skips they could manage in two minutes.
Mr Turnock’s score of 110 skips fell well short of the top scoring teacher Therese’s score of 287, but there were some impressive scores among the pupils.
Year Six’s Charlie (199), Year Two’s Emily (141) and little Selin (25) from reception class were among the most notable.
Mr Turnock said: “What a fantastic day. It was a treat to watch every single child in my school working as hard as they possibly could to improve their own personal achievement in skipping. I would heartily recommend a Skip2Bfit Day to any school which is serious about improving the health and fitness of the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Skip2Bfit aims to promote, develop and implement quality skipping and fitness programmes, and also visited Finsbury’s Moreland and St Luke’s Primary Schools this week.
John McCormack, from Skip2Bfit (pictured), said: “It was great that Hugh Myddleton Primary School were able to have us in for the day. We were very impressed with the positive attitude of the children in the school and all the teachers who joined in with the Skip2Bfit challenge with the children.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire