Applying for university? Get free expert help with your personal statement
- Credit: Archant
Did you know? UCAS gets almost 3 million university applications from around 700,000 people each year. That’s a lot of competition. So how can your son or daughter stand out?
Their personal statement. They know it’s their one big shot to get noticed. Their one opportunity to sell themselves. To put down on paper why they should be chosen over someone else.
They know these 500 words could be the difference between getting a place at their preferred uni or not. And that could decide what they go on to do in life. Sounds like a lot of pressure, doesn’t it? But don’t worry, there is help available to them if they want it. And it’s right here in Hull.
When they book a Virtual Open Day this autumn, they’re invited to join our Live Chat for one-to-one advice. Here, they can ask our expert staff for insider tips on what makes a great personal statement, what university admissions tutors are looking for, and how to showcase their talents. But that’s not all.
What else will they get out of the day? A live stream of their subject talk, where they’ll hear from lecturers who teach on their course. The chance to chat to student ambassadors who live and breathe Hull, and discover what it’s really like to study here. All their questions answered by our finance, admissions, accommodation, and student support teams. And a virtual campus tour from the comfort of their own home, so they can imagine what, where and how they’ll be studying here before they arrive.
You may also want to watch:
Oh, and while they’re here they can invite you to our Parent Zone Live Chat. So you can have all your uni questions answered by someone who’s been in your shoes.
So what are you waiting for? To guarantee their place at our Virtual Open Day — and to get some life-changing advice — all your son or daughter needs to do is book online ?
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios
- 10 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
Next Virtual Open Days:
Friday November 6 or Saturday November 7 November 2020
Friday November 27 or Saturday November 28 2020
Tuesday January 5 or Wednesday January 6 2021
Book now at hull.ac.uk/opendays