Getting Bookish at Finsbury Baths
- Credit: Archant
Getting Bookish at the Baths
The biggest ever book swap in Islington is heading to pools and playgrounds across the borough.
From Finsbury to Archway, people heading to leisure facilities can exchange their favourite reads as part of the initiative from Islington Council.
Book swaps are now available at Ironmonger Row Baths, in Norman Street, Finsbury and Cornwallis Adventure Playground, in Cornwallis Road, Upper Holloway, as well as all the borough’s leisure centres and the Islington Tennis Centre, Market Road, Holloway.
New swaps are planned for Timbuktu Adventure Playground, Grenville Road, Archway and Cape Play and Youth Project, in Crouch Hill, Hornsey Rise, in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
Tollington ward councillors Richard Watts and Fiona Williamson unveiled the book collections with local children at Cornwallis Adventure Playground.
Cllr Watts said: “Getting children into the habit of reading books from a young age helps them to develop essential skills that can be taken from the classroom to the work place.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 7 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 8 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 9 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 10 Cricks Corner café remains after Islington Council rejects house conversion
“But it’s not just kids that benefit, all our residents old and young alike, can take part, so we’re really pleased to have been able to open this new reading initiative at Cornwallis.”
More about the scheme can be found at: www.islington.gov.uk/bookswaps.