Glee star Matthew Morrison pays Highbury school a visit
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Glee star Matthew Morrison dropped into a Highbury school for a music masterclass this week.
The actor and singer, who stars as Mr Schue in the hit American high school TV series, performed for students at Highbury Grove School in Highbury Grove, as well as dishing out words of wisdom on the music industry.
It followed a recent visit to the school by Andrew Lloyd Webber who launched a nationwide music programme based on Highbury Grove’s own initiative, whereby each child has the chance to play an instrument.
Mr Morrison told pupils: “There is a lot of luck involved, but I did work really hard at school – I was always the first one in dance class, first one in vocal class and the first in acting class.
“I was you, I was where you are now. In fact, I was inspired by someone who visited my school – a Broadway performer – and she was talking about her journey, and one of the things that stuck out to me was when she also said ‘I was you’.
You may also want to watch:
“We all start out at a certain age and level, and if you work really hard, you can achieve anything you want.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault