Glee star Matthew Morrison pays Highbury school a visit
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Glee star Matthew Morrison dropped into a Highbury school for a music masterclass this week.
The actor and singer, who stars as Mr Schue in the hit American high school TV series, performed for students at Highbury Grove School in Highbury Grove, as well as dishing out words of wisdom on the music industry.
It followed a recent visit to the school by Andrew Lloyd Webber who launched a nationwide music programme based on Highbury Grove’s own initiative, whereby each child has the chance to play an instrument.
Mr Morrison told pupils: “There is a lot of luck involved, but I did work really hard at school – I was always the first one in dance class, first one in vocal class and the first in acting class.
“I was you, I was where you are now. In fact, I was inspired by someone who visited my school – a Broadway performer – and she was talking about her journey, and one of the things that stuck out to me was when she also said ‘I was you’.
You may also want to watch:
“We all start out at a certain age and level, and if you work really hard, you can achieve anything you want.”
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern