Gollum star Andy Serkis voices support for Barnsbury theatre
Lord of the Rings star Andy Serkis will be launching an audio book recorded by an all-star cast in aid of a Barnsbury theatre next week.
The Gollum actor will be at the Young Actors Theatre, in Barnsbury Road, on Wednesday, as it hosts a tea party to celebrate the release of Alice Adventures in Wonderland.
The audio book was made to raise much-needed cash for the theatre and also features the voices of the likes of Simon Callow, Paul Whitehouse and Dexter Fletcher – alongside some of the theatre’s own talents.
Andrew Harries, artistic director, said: “This is a pivotal time for us and we want to celebrate the achievements of the theatre.
“We have more classes and opportunities for young people in the community than ever before and our members are experiencing an impressive amount of professional success with appearances in The King’s Speech, Attack the Block and Horrid Henry – and that’s just in the past 12 months.”
You may also want to watch:
The Young Actors Theatre wants to raise funds and awareness of its community-based work, running drama classes and workshops for young people.
All members of the cast have donated their voices for free.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 9 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding