Gollum star Andy Serkis voices support for Barnsbury theatre
Lord of the Rings star Andy Serkis will be launching an audio book recorded by an all-star cast in aid of a Barnsbury theatre next week.
The Gollum actor will be at the Young Actors Theatre, in Barnsbury Road, on Wednesday, as it hosts a tea party to celebrate the release of Alice Adventures in Wonderland.
The audio book was made to raise much-needed cash for the theatre and also features the voices of the likes of Simon Callow, Paul Whitehouse and Dexter Fletcher – alongside some of the theatre’s own talents.
Andrew Harries, artistic director, said: “This is a pivotal time for us and we want to celebrate the achievements of the theatre.
“We have more classes and opportunities for young people in the community than ever before and our members are experiencing an impressive amount of professional success with appearances in The King’s Speech, Attack the Block and Horrid Henry – and that’s just in the past 12 months.”
You may also want to watch:
The Young Actors Theatre wants to raise funds and awareness of its community-based work, running drama classes and workshops for young people.
All members of the cast have donated their voices for free.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?