Gollum star Andy Serkis voices support for Barnsbury theatre
Lord of the Rings star Andy Serkis will be launching an audio book recorded by an all-star cast in aid of a Barnsbury theatre next week.
The Gollum actor will be at the Young Actors Theatre, in Barnsbury Road, on Wednesday, as it hosts a tea party to celebrate the release of Alice Adventures in Wonderland.
The audio book was made to raise much-needed cash for the theatre and also features the voices of the likes of Simon Callow, Paul Whitehouse and Dexter Fletcher – alongside some of the theatre’s own talents.
Andrew Harries, artistic director, said: “This is a pivotal time for us and we want to celebrate the achievements of the theatre.
“We have more classes and opportunities for young people in the community than ever before and our members are experiencing an impressive amount of professional success with appearances in The King’s Speech, Attack the Block and Horrid Henry – and that’s just in the past 12 months.”
The Young Actors Theatre wants to raise funds and awareness of its community-based work, running drama classes and workshops for young people.
All members of the cast have donated their voices for free.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op