Gollum star Andy Serkis voices support for Barnsbury theatre
Lord of the Rings star Andy Serkis will be launching an audio book recorded by an all-star cast in aid of a Barnsbury theatre next week.
The Gollum actor will be at the Young Actors Theatre, in Barnsbury Road, on Wednesday, as it hosts a tea party to celebrate the release of Alice Adventures in Wonderland.
The audio book was made to raise much-needed cash for the theatre and also features the voices of the likes of Simon Callow, Paul Whitehouse and Dexter Fletcher – alongside some of the theatre’s own talents.
Andrew Harries, artistic director, said: “This is a pivotal time for us and we want to celebrate the achievements of the theatre.
“We have more classes and opportunities for young people in the community than ever before and our members are experiencing an impressive amount of professional success with appearances in The King’s Speech, Attack the Block and Horrid Henry – and that’s just in the past 12 months.”
You may also want to watch:
The Young Actors Theatre wants to raise funds and awareness of its community-based work, running drama classes and workshops for young people.
All members of the cast have donated their voices for free.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash