Holloway children to perform with top opera stars
Children will join some of the UK’s biggest classical music artists for an opera performance on Sunday.
The concert, at St Luke’s Church in Hillmarton Road, Holloway, will see pupils from St Mary Magdalene Academy, Liverpool Road, and the adult community choir Vox Holloway join stars of the opera world, including tenor Mark Le Brocq, on stage.
They will perform the opera Thecla, composed by renowned British musician Harvey Brough, who will also conduct the concert.
He said: “In Hackney you had Plan B working with teenagers for Radio One’s Big Weekend.
‘‘Here in Holloway we’ve got professional classical musicians working with 50 children and an amateur choir to put on the biggest concert north Holloway will see this year.
You may also want to watch:
“The kids are doing really well. I’m impressed. They are focused, keen and, most importantly, practising.”
Thecla tells the story of a woman living in biblical times who refuses to conform to society ideals and follows her own dreams.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Doors open at 7pm. Tickets are �15, from 07970 785 641 or email@example.com.