Holloway children to perform with top opera stars
Children will join some of the UK’s biggest classical music artists for an opera performance on Sunday.
The concert, at St Luke’s Church in Hillmarton Road, Holloway, will see pupils from St Mary Magdalene Academy, Liverpool Road, and the adult community choir Vox Holloway join stars of the opera world, including tenor Mark Le Brocq, on stage.
They will perform the opera Thecla, composed by renowned British musician Harvey Brough, who will also conduct the concert.
He said: “In Hackney you had Plan B working with teenagers for Radio One’s Big Weekend.
‘‘Here in Holloway we’ve got professional classical musicians working with 50 children and an amateur choir to put on the biggest concert north Holloway will see this year.
You may also want to watch:
“The kids are doing really well. I’m impressed. They are focused, keen and, most importantly, practising.”
Thecla tells the story of a woman living in biblical times who refuses to conform to society ideals and follows her own dreams.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Doors open at 7pm. Tickets are �15, from 07970 785 641 or email@example.com.