Holloway children to perform with top opera stars
Children will join some of the UK’s biggest classical music artists for an opera performance on Sunday.
The concert, at St Luke’s Church in Hillmarton Road, Holloway, will see pupils from St Mary Magdalene Academy, Liverpool Road, and the adult community choir Vox Holloway join stars of the opera world, including tenor Mark Le Brocq, on stage.
They will perform the opera Thecla, composed by renowned British musician Harvey Brough, who will also conduct the concert.
He said: “In Hackney you had Plan B working with teenagers for Radio One’s Big Weekend.
‘‘Here in Holloway we’ve got professional classical musicians working with 50 children and an amateur choir to put on the biggest concert north Holloway will see this year.
“The kids are doing really well. I’m impressed. They are focused, keen and, most importantly, practising.”
Thecla tells the story of a woman living in biblical times who refuses to conform to society ideals and follows her own dreams.
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 5 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 6 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 7 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Protesters march in final attempt to prevent incinerator contract
- 10 New Islington chief wants to give children 'equal opportunities'
Doors open at 7pm. Tickets are �15, from 07970 785 641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.