Holloway city farm gets cash boost
- Credit: Archant
A popular urban farm has been given a cash boost to help its food growing programme.
Freightliners City Farm, in Sheringham Road, Holloway, has scooped more than £130,000 from Local Food supported by the Big Lottery Fund.
It will use it for its Islington Combined Harvest project to try to produce high quality local produce for people in the area.
The café will host tastings and children will be invited to learn about food production and agriculture.
Liz McAllister, chief executive of the farm, said it would be a fabulous addition to the farm in its 40th year: “It’s a chance for the community to get together to grow, cook and eat local.
You may also want to watch:
“The farm shop will be at the centre of the project, demonstrating exciting things to do with local and seasonal produce.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition