Holloway hound wins prestigious award while filming Fassbender flick
- Credit: Archant
Superdog recognised for work with children with behavioural problems
She’s already a film star, a model and a behaviour specialist.
Now Holloway’s favourite celebrity dog has won one of the UK’s top animal awards.
Flora, a two-and-a-half-year-old Akita, has been awarded a commendation from the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals for her her work with young people.
The peerless pooch goes into classrooms across London with her owner Robert Stuhldreer to provide a calming influence on children with behavioural problems.
You may also want to watch:
On top of her work in the community, Flora just finished filming new movie Trespass Against Us with Michael Fassbender and Brendan Gleeson, was named Britain’s Next Dog Model 2013 and is the current Canine World Dog of the Year and winner of SuperDogs Live.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden