Holloway tutor ‘discussed sexual fantasies’ with students, committee hears
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Former lecturer at London Metropolitan University faces hearing over accusations
A university lecturer is being investigated for allegedly discussing sexual fantasies with a student.
Demetris Costa Hapeshi, formerly of the social work department of London Metropolitan University, in Holloway Road, is facing a Health and Care Professions Council Conduct and Competence Committee.
In a hearing expected to last until Wednesday, Mr Hapeshi will answer accusations that, while at the Holloway university in December 2012, he kissed a student on the lips, spoke to her about the possibility of having an intimate relationship with her, got her mobile telephone number from the university system for personal reasons and discussed sexual fantasies and/or his sexual preferences with students.
It is alleged his actions were sexually motivated, and the matters described constitute misconduct.
You may also want to watch:
If the accusations are upheld, the committee may find his fitness to practise is impaired
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 5 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 9 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding