Holloway tutor ‘discussed sexual fantasies’ with students, committee hears
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Former lecturer at London Metropolitan University faces hearing over accusations
A university lecturer is being investigated for allegedly discussing sexual fantasies with a student.
Demetris Costa Hapeshi, formerly of the social work department of London Metropolitan University, in Holloway Road, is facing a Health and Care Professions Council Conduct and Competence Committee.
In a hearing expected to last until Wednesday, Mr Hapeshi will answer accusations that, while at the Holloway university in December 2012, he kissed a student on the lips, spoke to her about the possibility of having an intimate relationship with her, got her mobile telephone number from the university system for personal reasons and discussed sexual fantasies and/or his sexual preferences with students.
It is alleged his actions were sexually motivated, and the matters described constitute misconduct.
You may also want to watch:
If the accusations are upheld, the committee may find his fitness to practise is impaired
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition