Holloway tutor ‘discussed sexual fantasies’ with students, committee hears
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Former lecturer at London Metropolitan University faces hearing over accusations
A university lecturer is being investigated for allegedly discussing sexual fantasies with a student.
Demetris Costa Hapeshi, formerly of the social work department of London Metropolitan University, in Holloway Road, is facing a Health and Care Professions Council Conduct and Competence Committee.
In a hearing expected to last until Wednesday, Mr Hapeshi will answer accusations that, while at the Holloway university in December 2012, he kissed a student on the lips, spoke to her about the possibility of having an intimate relationship with her, got her mobile telephone number from the university system for personal reasons and discussed sexual fantasies and/or his sexual preferences with students.
It is alleged his actions were sexually motivated, and the matters described constitute misconduct.
You may also want to watch:
If the accusations are upheld, the committee may find his fitness to practise is impaired
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother