Information blackout as senior staff member at Islington school arrested on suspicion of fraud
- Credit: Archant
A senior staff member at an Islington school has been arrested on suspicion of fraud.
But despite the Gazette’s best efforts to bring you the full story, we have faced a brick wall from both the town hall and school – which as a result we are unable to name.
We have not even been told officially whether or not the staff member has been suspended.
In a statement last week, police said: “On January 15, police were made aware of an allegation of fraud at a school in Islington. A man was arrested on suspicion of fraud on January 17 and has been released under investigation. Officers from Central North CID are investigating.”
An Islington Council spokesman said: “We are aware police are investigating an allegation of fraud at a school in Islington. We cannot comment further at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
When approached by the Gazette in person on Tuesday afternoon, a school spokesman said: “No comment.”
Parents and readers can rest assured we will continue digging as we believe they have a right to know.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago