Information blackout as senior staff member at Islington school arrested on suspicion of fraud
- Credit: Archant
A senior staff member at an Islington school has been arrested on suspicion of fraud.
But despite the Gazette’s best efforts to bring you the full story, we have faced a brick wall from both the town hall and school – which as a result we are unable to name.
We have not even been told officially whether or not the staff member has been suspended.
In a statement last week, police said: “On January 15, police were made aware of an allegation of fraud at a school in Islington. A man was arrested on suspicion of fraud on January 17 and has been released under investigation. Officers from Central North CID are investigating.”
An Islington Council spokesman said: “We are aware police are investigating an allegation of fraud at a school in Islington. We cannot comment further at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
When approached by the Gazette in person on Tuesday afternoon, a school spokesman said: “No comment.”
Parents and readers can rest assured we will continue digging as we believe they have a right to know.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets