Information blackout as senior staff member at Islington school arrested on suspicion of fraud
- Credit: Archant
A senior staff member at an Islington school has been arrested on suspicion of fraud.
But despite the Gazette’s best efforts to bring you the full story, we have faced a brick wall from both the town hall and school – which as a result we are unable to name.
We have not even been told officially whether or not the staff member has been suspended.
In a statement last week, police said: “On January 15, police were made aware of an allegation of fraud at a school in Islington. A man was arrested on suspicion of fraud on January 17 and has been released under investigation. Officers from Central North CID are investigating.”
An Islington Council spokesman said: “We are aware police are investigating an allegation of fraud at a school in Islington. We cannot comment further at this time.”
When approached by the Gazette in person on Tuesday afternoon, a school spokesman said: “No comment.”
Parents and readers can rest assured we will continue digging as we believe they have a right to know.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Arsenal Women welcome signings Souza, Blackstenius and Wienroither
- 10 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found