Islington celebrity psychic’s play hits West End
A musical that was written, directed, produced by and stars people from Islington has started a run in the West End.
Recipe for a Perfect Wife, which started life at the Kings Head Theatre in Upper Street, is now being staged at the Charing Cross Theatre every Wednesday until Christmas.
The play tells the story of downtrodden 1950s housewives struggling against male chauvinism and competing in game show called Britain’s Best Housewife.
Christina McCulloch, who lives in Lorraine Street, Holloway, and wrote and produced the show, said: “It’s such an Islington production. The director is from Islington, one of the cast is from Islington and most of the crew are as well.
“It’s been fantastic, it’s such a lovely theatre and it’s a great experience.”
You may also want to watch:
When not writing plays, Ms McCulloch is a psychic who has worked with several celebrities.
She said: “I can’t reveal exactly who my clients are for confidentiality reason, but I can say I worked at 10 Downing Street when Tony Blair was in charge.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant