Islington headteacher recognised in list celebrating kindness in leadership
- Credit: Archant
An Islington headteacher has been listed as one of 50 “phenomenal leaders” working in the UK.
Jo Dibb, executive headteacher at the Islington Futures Federation, was announced as a listee on the Kindness and Leadership: 50 Leading Lights List on Friday, November 13.
The list celebrates 50 UK leaders who are driving change and making a positive impact with kindness.
Ms Dibb said: “Kindness should be intrinsic to leadership, because if people feel valued, feel that they count as people, they will enjoy coming to work and they will give so much more to others.”
She added that leading through kindness meant “recognising that our most precious resource is the people that we have and that if we show kindness to each other we will be a much stronger institution”.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Futures is a federation of community schools which includes Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, Copenhagen Primary, Victoria Primary, and Beacon High - formerly Holloway School.
The aim of the list is to emphasise the value that kindness can bring to leadership.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
It recognises high-flying CEOs as well as unsung heroes, including teachers and NHS healthcare champions.