Islington headteacher recognised in list celebrating kindness in leadership
- Credit: Archant
An Islington headteacher has been listed as one of 50 “phenomenal leaders” working in the UK.
Jo Dibb, executive headteacher at the Islington Futures Federation, was announced as a listee on the Kindness and Leadership: 50 Leading Lights List on Friday, November 13.
The list celebrates 50 UK leaders who are driving change and making a positive impact with kindness.
Ms Dibb said: “Kindness should be intrinsic to leadership, because if people feel valued, feel that they count as people, they will enjoy coming to work and they will give so much more to others.”
She added that leading through kindness meant “recognising that our most precious resource is the people that we have and that if we show kindness to each other we will be a much stronger institution”.
Islington Futures is a federation of community schools which includes Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, Copenhagen Primary, Victoria Primary, and Beacon High - formerly Holloway School.
The aim of the list is to emphasise the value that kindness can bring to leadership.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 3 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 4 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 5 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 6 Jailed: 'Brazen' cannabis sweet dealers sentenced
- 7 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 8 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 9 9 great ways to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
It recognises high-flying CEOs as well as unsung heroes, including teachers and NHS healthcare champions.