Islington headteacher recognised in list celebrating kindness in leadership
- Credit: Archant
An Islington headteacher has been listed as one of 50 “phenomenal leaders” working in the UK.
Jo Dibb, executive headteacher at the Islington Futures Federation, was announced as a listee on the Kindness and Leadership: 50 Leading Lights List on Friday, November 13.
The list celebrates 50 UK leaders who are driving change and making a positive impact with kindness.
Ms Dibb said: “Kindness should be intrinsic to leadership, because if people feel valued, feel that they count as people, they will enjoy coming to work and they will give so much more to others.”
She added that leading through kindness meant “recognising that our most precious resource is the people that we have and that if we show kindness to each other we will be a much stronger institution”.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Futures is a federation of community schools which includes Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, Copenhagen Primary, Victoria Primary, and Beacon High - formerly Holloway School.
The aim of the list is to emphasise the value that kindness can bring to leadership.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
It recognises high-flying CEOs as well as unsung heroes, including teachers and NHS healthcare champions.