Islington headteacher recognised in list celebrating kindness in leadership
- Credit: Archant
An Islington headteacher has been listed as one of 50 “phenomenal leaders” working in the UK.
Jo Dibb, executive headteacher at the Islington Futures Federation, was announced as a listee on the Kindness and Leadership: 50 Leading Lights List on Friday, November 13.
The list celebrates 50 UK leaders who are driving change and making a positive impact with kindness.
Ms Dibb said: “Kindness should be intrinsic to leadership, because if people feel valued, feel that they count as people, they will enjoy coming to work and they will give so much more to others.”
She added that leading through kindness meant “recognising that our most precious resource is the people that we have and that if we show kindness to each other we will be a much stronger institution”.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Futures is a federation of community schools which includes Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, Copenhagen Primary, Victoria Primary, and Beacon High - formerly Holloway School.
The aim of the list is to emphasise the value that kindness can bring to leadership.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 4 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 5 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 6 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 8 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 9 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London
It recognises high-flying CEOs as well as unsung heroes, including teachers and NHS healthcare champions.