Islington kids can make a splash with �1 swimming
YOUNG people are being invited to take the plunge and enjoy the benefits of Islington’s �1 swimming offer this Easter.
Anyone aged four to 16 can swim for the small fee at the Archway, Caledonian Road and Highbury pools, while children under four swim free.
Islington Council, which is paying for the scheme after the Government axed a grant for free swimming last year, is encouraging youngsters to dive in and take advantage over the school break and upcoming long weekends.
Councillor Paul Convery, Islington Council’s executive member for regeneration and leisure, said: “We want to help out kids and families in these financially tough times.
“The swim for �1 offer is a great way to have fun and get some exercise over Easter at any of Islington’s pools.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite Government cuts to free swimming funding, we’ve kept the price down for young people so it’s affordable to as many families as possible.”
Young people should take proof of ID and address to any of Islington’s pools to get a Swim Card. They do not have to be residents of the borough. Holders of Junior Izz Cards also qualify.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?