Islington nurseries on the up as Archway Children’s Centre bags ‘outstanding’ Ofsted score
- Credit: Archant
A nursery is on the up after receiving an “outstanding” Ofsted rating.
Archway Children’s Centre’s step up from receiving its “good” rating four years ago means half of the 106 council-run nurseries have been awarded the top grade by the regulatory body’s inspectors.
The Vorley Road centre was lauded across the board in a report that noted children “are happy and feel safe” and staff “build exceptionally strong partnerships with parents”.
Executive head Mita Pandya said: “We are extremely pleased at the inspector’s findings.
“We believe that it is not just what is observed on the day that counts – it is crucial that all the procedures and systems are in place underneath to provide high-quality care and education every day.
You may also want to watch:
“This is what improves outcomes for all the children here.
“We have an integrated, holistic and responsive approach which develops children’s physical health, emotional wellbeing, creative and critical thinking skills.”
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
Inspectors also found the management team “inspirational”, adding children are “exceptionally well prepared for their next stage in learning and for their move to school”.
Cllr Joe Caluori, the council’s education chief, added: “Congratulations to Mita and her team at Archway Children’s Centre – being rated ‘outstanding’ across the board is a brilliant achievement and the staff deserve recognition for all their hard work, week in, week out.
“Having half our nurseries rated ‘outstanding’ is a reflection of the priority the council puts on making sure children get the best possible start in life.”
Earlier this month Arts and Media School Islington retained its “good” Ofsted rating, having been inspected in November.
Inspectors found students are “quickly improving outcomes” in all subjects.
In order to improve further, the school has been told there should be more communication between staff, parents and students and to further develop the literacy skills of the current crop of kids.