Islington nurseries on the up as Archway Children’s Centre bags ‘outstanding’ Ofsted score
- Credit: Archant
A nursery is on the up after receiving an “outstanding” Ofsted rating.
Archway Children’s Centre’s step up from receiving its “good” rating four years ago means half of the 106 council-run nurseries have been awarded the top grade by the regulatory body’s inspectors.
The Vorley Road centre was lauded across the board in a report that noted children “are happy and feel safe” and staff “build exceptionally strong partnerships with parents”.
Executive head Mita Pandya said: “We are extremely pleased at the inspector’s findings.
“We believe that it is not just what is observed on the day that counts – it is crucial that all the procedures and systems are in place underneath to provide high-quality care and education every day.
You may also want to watch:
“This is what improves outcomes for all the children here.
“We have an integrated, holistic and responsive approach which develops children’s physical health, emotional wellbeing, creative and critical thinking skills.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
Inspectors also found the management team “inspirational”, adding children are “exceptionally well prepared for their next stage in learning and for their move to school”.
Cllr Joe Caluori, the council’s education chief, added: “Congratulations to Mita and her team at Archway Children’s Centre – being rated ‘outstanding’ across the board is a brilliant achievement and the staff deserve recognition for all their hard work, week in, week out.
“Having half our nurseries rated ‘outstanding’ is a reflection of the priority the council puts on making sure children get the best possible start in life.”
Earlier this month Arts and Media School Islington retained its “good” Ofsted rating, having been inspected in November.
Inspectors found students are “quickly improving outcomes” in all subjects.
In order to improve further, the school has been told there should be more communication between staff, parents and students and to further develop the literacy skills of the current crop of kids.