Islington pub celebrates ‘Movember’
Gentlemen sporting moustaches during the month of Movember line up outside a Farringdon restaurant to claim a discount meal.
Caravan, in Exmouth Market, is offering those cultivating facial hair for charity a soup, schnitzel and coffee for �17.
The bistro is one of three “mo hubs” in Islington showing solidarity with other “mo bros” by giving special discounts and encouraging male staff to grow a ‘tache.
The others are the Old Queen’s Head in Essex Road, Islington, which has cheap cocktails and a Movember quiz this Tuesday and The Albion, in Thornhill Road, Barnsbury, which is offering pan-fired quail for �6 to the mustachioed.
The idea behind Movember - men spend November growing a moustache to raise money for prostrate and other male cancers - began in Australia in 2003.
You may also want to watch:
In 2010, the charity raised more than �11.7 million in the UK.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition