Islington racist urinates on bus
A man who urinated on a bus then shouted racist abuse at the police who arrested him has been jailed for six months.
Paul Taylor, 48, of the Bemerton Estate, off Bingfield Street, Barnsbury, is the third man to be seen relieving himself on public transport around the area in 2011.
In January, a man defecated in a lift at Hoxton station and in the same month another man was caught masturbating on a bus travelling towards the Balls Pond Road area.
Taylor was travelling on a bus near Euston station when he urinated in the wheelchair area in the early hours of June 2.
The police were called and Taylor subjected them to drunken racist abuse as they escorted him from the bus.
You may also want to watch:
Once at Holborn station it took seven officers to restrain Taylor as he attacked police.
Judge David Richardson said: “You were so out of control that you were urinating on the bus. You were a disgrace.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
He added: “You have a long record for violence and of particular relevance to me today is you have two previous convictions which involved racial elements in 2000 and 2009. On both of these occasions you were treated leniently.
“That was your chance to improve and I’m afraid you have lost it now.”
Earlier his defence barrister Rajinder Gill said his behaviour may be fuelled by his “dysfunctional upbringing”.
Taylor admitted two counts of racially aggravated harassment at Blackfriars Crown Court on December 8.