Islington’s Mount Carmel Catholic College receives “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: David Levenson
Staff and pupils at Mount Carmel Catholic College for Girls in Archway are celebrating after the school received a “good” Ofsted inspection rating.
Inspectors found that the school has strong leadership and senior leaders work well in partnership with other managers in the school and the council. They also found that governors were effective in holding leaders to account.
The proportion of students receiving five or more A* to C at GCSE grades was also above average, while the report stated that pupils “show a great deal of respect and care for each other”.
Principal, Paul Kehoe, said: “I am delighted that the Ofsted team saw all the hard work we put into achieving the good level of education at the school.
“There are just two areas that prevented the school from becoming outstanding, and we will strive to achieve that rating in the next inspection.
You may also want to watch:
“As always I am very proud of the girls and staff for their amazing work and attitudes that makes the school’s environment a good one.”
The school received a “good” rating during its last inspection in 2011.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
Islington Council’s director of children’s services, Eleanor Schooling, said: “ Well done to girls and staff of Mount Carmel, we are very pleased with their Ofsted report.
“The council will continue to support the school with all its hard work.”