Islington’s Mount Carmel Catholic College receives “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: David Levenson
Staff and pupils at Mount Carmel Catholic College for Girls in Archway are celebrating after the school received a “good” Ofsted inspection rating.
Inspectors found that the school has strong leadership and senior leaders work well in partnership with other managers in the school and the council. They also found that governors were effective in holding leaders to account.
The proportion of students receiving five or more A* to C at GCSE grades was also above average, while the report stated that pupils “show a great deal of respect and care for each other”.
Principal, Paul Kehoe, said: “I am delighted that the Ofsted team saw all the hard work we put into achieving the good level of education at the school.
“There are just two areas that prevented the school from becoming outstanding, and we will strive to achieve that rating in the next inspection.
You may also want to watch:
“As always I am very proud of the girls and staff for their amazing work and attitudes that makes the school’s environment a good one.”
The school received a “good” rating during its last inspection in 2011.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
Islington Council’s director of children’s services, Eleanor Schooling, said: “ Well done to girls and staff of Mount Carmel, we are very pleased with their Ofsted report.
“The council will continue to support the school with all its hard work.”