Islington school application deadline looms
Around 300 Islington parents have still not applied for primary school places for their children even though the deadline is midnight on Sunday.
Islington Council is urging parents to apply before the deadline in order to have a better chance of getting the schools of their choice.
If parents miss the deadline their applications will be considered after everyone else’s.
Cllr Richard Watts, Islington Council’s executive member for children and families, said: “Islington primary schools are doing better than ever and competition for places is growing each year. Our primary schools achieved excellent Key Stage 2 results and really offer all our children the best start in life.”
Residents must apply for a school place using an Islington application form, even for schools outside Islington.
You may also want to watch:
To apply, parents can download a form and return to the admissions team or complete the online form at www.islington.gov.uk/admissions.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week