Islington school application deadline looms
Around 300 Islington parents have still not applied for primary school places for their children even though the deadline is midnight on Sunday.
Islington Council is urging parents to apply before the deadline in order to have a better chance of getting the schools of their choice.
If parents miss the deadline their applications will be considered after everyone else’s.
Cllr Richard Watts, Islington Council’s executive member for children and families, said: “Islington primary schools are doing better than ever and competition for places is growing each year. Our primary schools achieved excellent Key Stage 2 results and really offer all our children the best start in life.”
Residents must apply for a school place using an Islington application form, even for schools outside Islington.
You may also want to watch:
To apply, parents can download a form and return to the admissions team or complete the online form at www.islington.gov.uk/admissions.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'