Islington school application deadline looms
Around 300 Islington parents have still not applied for primary school places for their children even though the deadline is midnight on Sunday.
Islington Council is urging parents to apply before the deadline in order to have a better chance of getting the schools of their choice.
If parents miss the deadline their applications will be considered after everyone else’s.
Cllr Richard Watts, Islington Council’s executive member for children and families, said: “Islington primary schools are doing better than ever and competition for places is growing each year. Our primary schools achieved excellent Key Stage 2 results and really offer all our children the best start in life.”
Residents must apply for a school place using an Islington application form, even for schools outside Islington.
You may also want to watch:
To apply, parents can download a form and return to the admissions team or complete the online form at www.islington.gov.uk/admissions.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Islington district seal victory over Camden
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir