Islington students begin return to school with on site testing
- Credit: PA
Islington students are heading back to school from today (September 1) and can expect on-site testing.
Some schools are staggering their return for the autumn term, but following Department for Education guidance, all secondary pupils will receive two on-site lateral flow tests, three to five days apart, on their return to school.
Islington Council has said it is not expecting any unusual delay to the start of the school term
A spokesman offered: "School return dates for Islington schools commence on Wednesday, 1 September.
"It is not uncommon for individual schools to stagger the return of pupils to manage certain aspects of the school year, including staff training days, year 7 induction, and sixth form enrolment.
You may also want to watch:
"Individual schools may choose to stagger the return of pupils for these reasons, as well as to account for the testing arrangements."
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey