Islington teens meet mock Marilyn
- Credit: Archant
Make believe Munroe star attraction at glitzy prom
An Islington student met a mock Marilyn Monroe at a swanky prom for her sixth form college.
Harriet Hutton, 18, from Ripplevale Grove, Barnsbury, strolled down the red carpet Hollywood glamour themed event on May 8.
Another local student, Oliver Binks, also 18, from nearby Thornhill Square, was one of the 120 students to enjoy the do, which included cocktails, canapes, a two course meal and a disco in Fulham Palace. The bash was organised by DLD – a private college based in Marylebone and Belgravia.
Harriet said: ““I have spent my A level years at DLD and during this time I feel that I have matured and developed due to the learning opportunities provide by the college.
You may also want to watch:
“The teachers are amazing with the gift to inspire young people to discover talents that they themselves may not have realised that they possessed.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers