Islington teens meet mock Marilyn
- Credit: Archant
Make believe Munroe star attraction at glitzy prom
An Islington student met a mock Marilyn Monroe at a swanky prom for her sixth form college.
Harriet Hutton, 18, from Ripplevale Grove, Barnsbury, strolled down the red carpet Hollywood glamour themed event on May 8.
Another local student, Oliver Binks, also 18, from nearby Thornhill Square, was one of the 120 students to enjoy the do, which included cocktails, canapes, a two course meal and a disco in Fulham Palace. The bash was organised by DLD – a private college based in Marylebone and Belgravia.
Harriet said: ““I have spent my A level years at DLD and during this time I feel that I have matured and developed due to the learning opportunities provide by the college.
You may also want to watch:
“The teachers are amazing with the gift to inspire young people to discover talents that they themselves may not have realised that they possessed.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition