Islington teens meet mock Marilyn
- Credit: Archant
Make believe Munroe star attraction at glitzy prom
An Islington student met a mock Marilyn Monroe at a swanky prom for her sixth form college.
Harriet Hutton, 18, from Ripplevale Grove, Barnsbury, strolled down the red carpet Hollywood glamour themed event on May 8.
Another local student, Oliver Binks, also 18, from nearby Thornhill Square, was one of the 120 students to enjoy the do, which included cocktails, canapes, a two course meal and a disco in Fulham Palace. The bash was organised by DLD – a private college based in Marylebone and Belgravia.
Harriet said: ““I have spent my A level years at DLD and during this time I feel that I have matured and developed due to the learning opportunities provide by the college.
You may also want to watch:
“The teachers are amazing with the gift to inspire young people to discover talents that they themselves may not have realised that they possessed.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project