Jeremy Corbyn joins green-fingered students at Ambler Primary School gardening day
- Credit: Archant
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was the guest of honour on a day dedicated to gardening at Ambler Primary School.
Parents, teachers and students were tasked with getting their hands dirty in the woodland area next to the Blackstock Road school, while enjoying refreshments in the playground.
Mr Corbyn paid a surprise visit for an hour where he posed for photos, admired the new bird tables and ate pizza fresh from the pizza oven.
There was also a herb planting workshop, where green-fingered students learned how to plant and care for herbs including basil, chives and parsley.
A Friends of Ambler spokesman said: “The ‘grow Ambler’ crew and their many willing helpers worked tirelessly in the heat to transform the playground and woodland area, and provide lunch for all.”
You may also want to watch:
The event, which took place on June 18, was also dedicated to the life of murdered MP Jo Cox.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket