Jeremy Corbyn joins green-fingered students at Ambler Primary School gardening day
- Credit: Archant
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was the guest of honour on a day dedicated to gardening at Ambler Primary School.
Parents, teachers and students were tasked with getting their hands dirty in the woodland area next to the Blackstock Road school, while enjoying refreshments in the playground.
Mr Corbyn paid a surprise visit for an hour where he posed for photos, admired the new bird tables and ate pizza fresh from the pizza oven.
There was also a herb planting workshop, where green-fingered students learned how to plant and care for herbs including basil, chives and parsley.
A Friends of Ambler spokesman said: “The ‘grow Ambler’ crew and their many willing helpers worked tirelessly in the heat to transform the playground and woodland area, and provide lunch for all.”
The event, which took place on June 18, was also dedicated to the life of murdered MP Jo Cox.
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 3 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 4 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run