Jeremy Corbyn joins green-fingered students at Ambler Primary School gardening day
- Credit: Archant
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was the guest of honour on a day dedicated to gardening at Ambler Primary School.
Parents, teachers and students were tasked with getting their hands dirty in the woodland area next to the Blackstock Road school, while enjoying refreshments in the playground.
Mr Corbyn paid a surprise visit for an hour where he posed for photos, admired the new bird tables and ate pizza fresh from the pizza oven.
There was also a herb planting workshop, where green-fingered students learned how to plant and care for herbs including basil, chives and parsley.
A Friends of Ambler spokesman said: “The ‘grow Ambler’ crew and their many willing helpers worked tirelessly in the heat to transform the playground and woodland area, and provide lunch for all.”
You may also want to watch:
The event, which took place on June 18, was also dedicated to the life of murdered MP Jo Cox.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital