King’s Cross stage school on lookout for members
Budding actors got into character at a special performance by the Colourful Dreams Drama school, in King’s Cross.
The academy was set up by Danielle Isaie, 25, a TV actress who has worked on Gavin and Stacey, Casualty and The Bill to give professional drama training to kids whose parents can’t afford acting schools.
Ms Isaie, who lives off Liverpool Road, in Islington, only charges fees to cover costs and the school is the cheapest around.
Ms Isaie, who wants more people to join, said: “We are particularly looking for 14 to 18-year-olds so we can maybe get them signed up to an agency and maybe get them some paid work.”
Colourful Dreams are also looking for local businesses to sponsor their big end-of-term productions.
You may also want to watch:
For more info visit www.colourfuldreamsdrama.co.uk.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque