King’s Cross stage school on lookout for members
Budding actors got into character at a special performance by the Colourful Dreams Drama school, in King’s Cross.
The academy was set up by Danielle Isaie, 25, a TV actress who has worked on Gavin and Stacey, Casualty and The Bill to give professional drama training to kids whose parents can’t afford acting schools.
Ms Isaie, who lives off Liverpool Road, in Islington, only charges fees to cover costs and the school is the cheapest around.
Ms Isaie, who wants more people to join, said: “We are particularly looking for 14 to 18-year-olds so we can maybe get them signed up to an agency and maybe get them some paid work.”
Colourful Dreams are also looking for local businesses to sponsor their big end-of-term productions.
For more info visit www.colourfuldreamsdrama.co.uk.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 5 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op