King’s Cross stage school on lookout for members
Budding actors got into character at a special performance by the Colourful Dreams Drama school, in King’s Cross.
The academy was set up by Danielle Isaie, 25, a TV actress who has worked on Gavin and Stacey, Casualty and The Bill to give professional drama training to kids whose parents can’t afford acting schools.
Ms Isaie, who lives off Liverpool Road, in Islington, only charges fees to cover costs and the school is the cheapest around.
Ms Isaie, who wants more people to join, said: “We are particularly looking for 14 to 18-year-olds so we can maybe get them signed up to an agency and maybe get them some paid work.”
Colourful Dreams are also looking for local businesses to sponsor their big end-of-term productions.
You may also want to watch:
For more info visit www.colourfuldreamsdrama.co.uk.
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'