Larry Lamb lights up Islington
Christmas came to Islington in style this weekend as two of the borough’s busiest shopping areas had their festive lights switched on.
The roads around Archway and Islington High Street were full of Christmas cheers as �people came in droves to enjoy the festive fun and games.
In Islington on Saturday, EastEnders and Gavin and Stacey star Larry Lamb came to get the �party started.
After switching on the lights for the N1 Centre, in Parkfield Street, Camden Passage and �Islington Green, he announced the winner of a hamper of luxury food drink in the Youthnet charity raffle.
Meanwhile, in Archway on Friday the lights were turned on by An�is Higgins, a pupil from St John’s Upper Holloway Primary School, in Pemberton Gardens, winner of a recent Christmas poster competition, Cllr Catherine West, leader of Islington Council and Cllr Phil Kelly, Mayor of Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Saturday characters from yuletide show The Enourmous Turnip performed, and revellers enjoyed face-painting, balloon-modelling and magic.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Arsenal boss Montemurro picks up second straight manager of the month award
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir