Lottery cash for young Islington film makers
The next generation of movie makers have been given almost �30,000 of lottery cash to pursue their cinematic dreams.
The projects, co-ordinated by Rowan Arts, based at The Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, Holloway, will give almost 90 young people aged between eight and 19 the chance to work with professionals to produce their own short films.
The youngsters, some of whom have special educational needs, behavioural difficulties and come from deprived backgrounds, will produce a range of films from documentaries to animations.
The schemes will take place in Grafton Primary School, in Elburne Road, Holloway, Tufnell Park Primary School in Tufnell Park and Cornwallis Play and Youth Project, in Cornwallis Road, Upper Holloway.
A fourth project will be open access and target youngsters who have not been involved with film making before.
You may also want to watch:
Ruth Robinson, from Rowan Arts, said: “The funding from First Light means that Rowan Arts can continue delivering great projects and 88 young children can work with some fantastic artists, composers and filmmakers.
“The ideas for these projects came from the young people who will get to explore issues that are important to them in a very creative way and also see their work celebrated next year in a gala at the Holloway Odeon.”
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate