Mammoth cat goes missing in Holloway
TWO brothers from Holloway are distraught after their giant pet cat went missing last Saturday (April 30).
The colossal feline, named Grizzly, is a Maine Coon/tabby cross and measures almost a metre from head to tail.
He was last seen at his home in Berkeley Walk on the Andover Estate, Holloway, and his owners David and Gerard Brennock have offered a �200 reward for his return.
David said: “We are frantic to get him back as he is a much loved pet. We call him grizzly, but he is a gentle giant. He normally stays close to home so we are really worried about him.
“We think someone may have stolen him. We have put fly posters everywhere and been on all the local forums.
You may also want to watch:
“He turned up at our house about four months ago - we took him to the vet and tried to track down his owner, but couldn’t, so he stayed with us. Now his original owner may have him, which is alright, we just want to know he is safe.”
- 1 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 2 Can you help identify this man?
- 3 Shops, pubs and hairdressers reopen across Islington today
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 5 Toxic air, Covid, Ramadan, rehoming cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Macmillan CEO thanks retiring Islington firefighter for £25,000 donation
- 7 Shannon Courtenay crowned WBA Bantamweight World Champion
- 8 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- 9 Bowie-inspired bar in Finsbury Park faces opposition
- 10 Islington mayor complains about ‘saturation’ of licenced venues in Archway