Man arrested after Upper Holloway stabbing
A man has been arrested after a fatal stabbing in Upper Holloway in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
The 34-year-old was apprehended at around 11.30am in connection with the murder investigation.
Police were called to Landseer Road, close the Landseer pub, at around 2am to reports of a man being injured.
When they arrived they found the victim, believed to be 45-years-old, with knife wounds to his back
He was treated by London’ Air Ambulance, but died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought an fight took place close to the pub before the stabbing – but detectives do not think the victim knew the suspect.
Officers believe they know the identity of the victim, but next-of-kin have not been informed and there has been no formal identification.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
A post-mortem will take place this afternoon at St Pancras Mortuary.
Anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8358 0698, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.