Man arrested after Upper Holloway stabbing
A man has been arrested after a fatal stabbing in Upper Holloway in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
The 34-year-old was apprehended at around 11.30am in connection with the murder investigation.
Police were called to Landseer Road, close the Landseer pub, at around 2am to reports of a man being injured.
When they arrived they found the victim, believed to be 45-years-old, with knife wounds to his back
He was treated by London’ Air Ambulance, but died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought an fight took place close to the pub before the stabbing – but detectives do not think the victim knew the suspect.
Officers believe they know the identity of the victim, but next-of-kin have not been informed and there has been no formal identification.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
A post-mortem will take place this afternoon at St Pancras Mortuary.
Anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8358 0698, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.