Man arrested after Upper Holloway stabbing
A man has been arrested after a fatal stabbing in Upper Holloway in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
The 34-year-old was apprehended at around 11.30am in connection with the murder investigation.
Police were called to Landseer Road, close the Landseer pub, at around 2am to reports of a man being injured.
When they arrived they found the victim, believed to be 45-years-old, with knife wounds to his back
He was treated by London’ Air Ambulance, but died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought an fight took place close to the pub before the stabbing – but detectives do not think the victim knew the suspect.
Officers believe they know the identity of the victim, but next-of-kin have not been informed and there has been no formal identification.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
A post-mortem will take place this afternoon at St Pancras Mortuary.
Anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8358 0698, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.