New art exhibition showcases the history of Islington’s playgrounds
- Credit: Archant
More than 150 people attended the launch of an exhibition telling the story of the adventure playground in Islington last week at the Islington Museum.
Entitled “It’s Ours Whatever They Say”, the exhibition is being hosted by the Islington Play Association to celebrate 50 years of adventure play.
It features stories from people involved in the original campaigns to set up the playgrounds, as well as a “cabinet of treasures” uncovered from some of the sites.
“Islington has been extremely unique in maintaining such original adventure playgrounds,” said Anita Grant, chief executive of the Islington Play Association.
“If you have any connection to Islington this is a rare opportunity to get an insight into a part of your childhood.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run until June 25. To find out more go to islingtonplay.org.uk
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head