New art exhibition showcases the history of Islington’s playgrounds
- Credit: Archant
More than 150 people attended the launch of an exhibition telling the story of the adventure playground in Islington last week at the Islington Museum.
Entitled “It’s Ours Whatever They Say”, the exhibition is being hosted by the Islington Play Association to celebrate 50 years of adventure play.
It features stories from people involved in the original campaigns to set up the playgrounds, as well as a “cabinet of treasures” uncovered from some of the sites.
“Islington has been extremely unique in maintaining such original adventure playgrounds,” said Anita Grant, chief executive of the Islington Play Association.
“If you have any connection to Islington this is a rare opportunity to get an insight into a part of your childhood.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run until June 25. To find out more go to islingtonplay.org.uk
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London