New North Academy students get creative in business, design and enterprise week
- Credit: Archant
Children from New North Academy had their entrepreneurial credentials put to the test during the school’s business, design and enterprise week.
After being split into six mixed age groups, students were tasked with coming up with the perfect five-day holiday for a family of four people.
At the end of the week, the groups pitched their ideas to headteacher Nicola Percy and a panel of experts from travel company Expedia.
Ideas included an African Safari, a Greek family holiday, a city break in New York, camping in Australia and a cruise around south east Asia.
Coming out on top were “jet wild”, the team whose pitch of an adventure holiday in Argentina contained a detailed itinerary, careful financial planning, singing, acting, a catchy slogan and a recorded advert.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head Fiona Gunn-Stokes said: “It was an excellent opportunity for our students to apply and develop some of the important skills they have been learning this year, such as extended writing, confident presentation and public speaking. Everyone was thoroughly impressed with the way the children tackled the challenge with their excellent and creative ideas, teamwork, enthusiasm and behaviour.
“The children and staff would like to extend a big thank you to Expedia who invested time to set the challenge, and released staff to support this enterprise project. The Big Alliance facilitated this wonderful week, drawing on their knowledge of business and many contacts to ensure the children learnt about the world of travel, marketing and advertising.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother