New North Academy students get creative in business, design and enterprise week
- Credit: Archant
Children from New North Academy had their entrepreneurial credentials put to the test during the school’s business, design and enterprise week.
After being split into six mixed age groups, students were tasked with coming up with the perfect five-day holiday for a family of four people.
At the end of the week, the groups pitched their ideas to headteacher Nicola Percy and a panel of experts from travel company Expedia.
Ideas included an African Safari, a Greek family holiday, a city break in New York, camping in Australia and a cruise around south east Asia.
Coming out on top were “jet wild”, the team whose pitch of an adventure holiday in Argentina contained a detailed itinerary, careful financial planning, singing, acting, a catchy slogan and a recorded advert.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head Fiona Gunn-Stokes said: “It was an excellent opportunity for our students to apply and develop some of the important skills they have been learning this year, such as extended writing, confident presentation and public speaking. Everyone was thoroughly impressed with the way the children tackled the challenge with their excellent and creative ideas, teamwork, enthusiasm and behaviour.
“The children and staff would like to extend a big thank you to Expedia who invested time to set the challenge, and released staff to support this enterprise project. The Big Alliance facilitated this wonderful week, drawing on their knowledge of business and many contacts to ensure the children learnt about the world of travel, marketing and advertising.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting