Police appeal after stabbing in Newington Green
A 16-year-old boy was stabbed in the leg by two men wearing balaclavas.
He was knifed from behind outside Bronte House, on the Mayville Estate, Newington Green, on January 7 at 6pm.
The teenager was found injured in nearby Matthias Road and rushed to hospital, where his wounds were described as non life-threatening and non life-changing.
The suspects are two men, both about 6ft tall and were wearing black clothes and balaclavas.
One was wearing a hooded Nike top, Nike tracksuit bottoms and leather gloves.
The second wore a leather hooded jacket, tracksuit bottoms and leather gloves.
Investigating officer, Det Con Dermot Corcoran, said: “This teenager could have been very seriously injured or worse as a result of this assault.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 4 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 5 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 6 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 9 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
“I appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident or has information that can help this investigation to contact me.”
Anyone with information can call 020 7421 0185 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.