Police appeal after stabbing in Newington Green
A 16-year-old boy was stabbed in the leg by two men wearing balaclavas.
He was knifed from behind outside Bronte House, on the Mayville Estate, Newington Green, on January 7 at 6pm.
The teenager was found injured in nearby Matthias Road and rushed to hospital, where his wounds were described as non life-threatening and non life-changing.
The suspects are two men, both about 6ft tall and were wearing black clothes and balaclavas.
One was wearing a hooded Nike top, Nike tracksuit bottoms and leather gloves.
You may also want to watch:
The second wore a leather hooded jacket, tracksuit bottoms and leather gloves.
Investigating officer, Det Con Dermot Corcoran, said: “This teenager could have been very seriously injured or worse as a result of this assault.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
“I appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident or has information that can help this investigation to contact me.”
Anyone with information can call 020 7421 0185 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.