Reinvent yourself at Arsenal’s reopened adult learning centre
- Credit: Arsenal FC/David Price
Arsenal FC’s adult learning centre has reopened in a new home by Emirates Stadium.
The Red Zone Learning Centre has moved to the Arsenal Hub on Benwell Road, having previously been housed above the club museum.
It provides a range of free courses for adults wanting to gain new skills, build confidence and find work.
Run in partnership with Islington Council, courses are offered in IT, English and maths. Employment support is also provided.
Highbury resident Will Digan, 63, has completed a number of IT courses at the centre over the past four years.
He said: “When I was at school we didn’t have computers, so until I started courses at the centre I didn’t even know how to use a keyboard.
“Coming to sessions reinvented what I could do and now I am confident with computers.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 5 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
“I can use lots of programmes, design posters for my volunteer work and much more.”
He added: “The courses have helped me a great deal and I’m planning to take my IT skills even further now.”
For more information about courses on offer at the Red Zone Learning Centre, contact Elaine Maffrett by emailing Elaine.Maffrett@islington.gov.uk