Reinvent yourself at Arsenal’s reopened adult learning centre
- Credit: Arsenal FC/David Price
Arsenal FC’s adult learning centre has reopened in a new home by Emirates Stadium.
The Red Zone Learning Centre has moved to the Arsenal Hub on Benwell Road, having previously been housed above the club museum.
It provides a range of free courses for adults wanting to gain new skills, build confidence and find work.
Run in partnership with Islington Council, courses are offered in IT, English and maths. Employment support is also provided.
Highbury resident Will Digan, 63, has completed a number of IT courses at the centre over the past four years.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “When I was at school we didn’t have computers, so until I started courses at the centre I didn’t even know how to use a keyboard.
“Coming to sessions reinvented what I could do and now I am confident with computers.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Arsenal Women trio issue apology to team mates following Dubai trip
- 7 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
“I can use lots of programmes, design posters for my volunteer work and much more.”
He added: “The courses have helped me a great deal and I’m planning to take my IT skills even further now.”
For more information about courses on offer at the Red Zone Learning Centre, contact Elaine Maffrett by emailing Elaine.Maffrett@islington.gov.uk