Reinvent yourself at Arsenal’s reopened adult learning centre
- Credit: Arsenal FC/David Price
Arsenal FC’s adult learning centre has reopened in a new home by Emirates Stadium.
The Red Zone Learning Centre has moved to the Arsenal Hub on Benwell Road, having previously been housed above the club museum.
It provides a range of free courses for adults wanting to gain new skills, build confidence and find work.
Run in partnership with Islington Council, courses are offered in IT, English and maths. Employment support is also provided.
Highbury resident Will Digan, 63, has completed a number of IT courses at the centre over the past four years.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “When I was at school we didn’t have computers, so until I started courses at the centre I didn’t even know how to use a keyboard.
“Coming to sessions reinvented what I could do and now I am confident with computers.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
“I can use lots of programmes, design posters for my volunteer work and much more.”
He added: “The courses have helped me a great deal and I’m planning to take my IT skills even further now.”
For more information about courses on offer at the Red Zone Learning Centre, contact Elaine Maffrett by emailing Elaine.Maffrett@islington.gov.uk