Reinvent yourself at Arsenal’s reopened adult learning centre
- Credit: Arsenal FC/David Price
Arsenal FC’s adult learning centre has reopened in a new home by Emirates Stadium.
The Red Zone Learning Centre has moved to the Arsenal Hub on Benwell Road, having previously been housed above the club museum.
It provides a range of free courses for adults wanting to gain new skills, build confidence and find work.
Run in partnership with Islington Council, courses are offered in IT, English and maths. Employment support is also provided.
Highbury resident Will Digan, 63, has completed a number of IT courses at the centre over the past four years.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “When I was at school we didn’t have computers, so until I started courses at the centre I didn’t even know how to use a keyboard.
“Coming to sessions reinvented what I could do and now I am confident with computers.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 8 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
“I can use lots of programmes, design posters for my volunteer work and much more.”
He added: “The courses have helped me a great deal and I’m planning to take my IT skills even further now.”
For more information about courses on offer at the Red Zone Learning Centre, contact Elaine Maffrett by emailing Elaine.Maffrett@islington.gov.uk