Reinvent yourself at Arsenal’s reopened adult learning centre
- Credit: Arsenal FC/David Price
Arsenal FC’s adult learning centre has reopened in a new home by Emirates Stadium.
The Red Zone Learning Centre has moved to the Arsenal Hub on Benwell Road, having previously been housed above the club museum.
It provides a range of free courses for adults wanting to gain new skills, build confidence and find work.
Run in partnership with Islington Council, courses are offered in IT, English and maths. Employment support is also provided.
Highbury resident Will Digan, 63, has completed a number of IT courses at the centre over the past four years.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “When I was at school we didn’t have computers, so until I started courses at the centre I didn’t even know how to use a keyboard.
“Coming to sessions reinvented what I could do and now I am confident with computers.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
“I can use lots of programmes, design posters for my volunteer work and much more.”
He added: “The courses have helped me a great deal and I’m planning to take my IT skills even further now.”
For more information about courses on offer at the Red Zone Learning Centre, contact Elaine Maffrett by emailing Elaine.Maffrett@islington.gov.uk