Sadler’s Wells auditions to find Islington’s Matt Lucas or Orlando Bloom
THE National Youth Theatre is giving young people in Islington the chance to follow in the footsteps of stars like Orlando Bloom, Matt Lucas, Catherine Tate and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
The NYT will be holding auditions at Sadler’s Wells, in Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, for their 2011/2012 company during February half-term (20-25) - but there are only a few days left to apply.
The group’s offices are in London Bridge, but it uses different theatres around the capital and the rest of the country for its projects.
Matt Lucas, who was part of the NYT in his younger days, said: “The National Youth Theatre greatly contributed to my own love of acting. It gave me heaps of confidence and a belief in myself and my abilities. It’s just brilliant that this innovative organisation exists and so many young people involved will get to enjoy the long-term benefits.”
The NYT is also giving young people the chance to show off their skills behind the scenes, so anyone intersted in lighting and sound, scenery and prop making or stage management should also apply.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Roseby, artistic director of the NYT, said: “We’re looking to illuminate the raw talent of young people with spark, passion, focus, enthusiasm, commitment and generosity. At the NYT we have over 50 year’s experience of investing in the training and personal development of young British talent and showcasing it on exciting platforms all over the UK and around the world.”
The closing date for applications is January 17.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 9 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- For more information and how to apply visit www.ideastap.com/nytapply