Sadler’s Wells auditions to find Islington’s Matt Lucas or Orlando Bloom
THE National Youth Theatre is giving young people in Islington the chance to follow in the footsteps of stars like Orlando Bloom, Matt Lucas, Catherine Tate and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
The NYT will be holding auditions at Sadler’s Wells, in Rosebery Avenue, Finsbury, for their 2011/2012 company during February half-term (20-25) - but there are only a few days left to apply.
The group’s offices are in London Bridge, but it uses different theatres around the capital and the rest of the country for its projects.
Matt Lucas, who was part of the NYT in his younger days, said: “The National Youth Theatre greatly contributed to my own love of acting. It gave me heaps of confidence and a belief in myself and my abilities. It’s just brilliant that this innovative organisation exists and so many young people involved will get to enjoy the long-term benefits.”
The NYT is also giving young people the chance to show off their skills behind the scenes, so anyone intersted in lighting and sound, scenery and prop making or stage management should also apply.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Roseby, artistic director of the NYT, said: “We’re looking to illuminate the raw talent of young people with spark, passion, focus, enthusiasm, commitment and generosity. At the NYT we have over 50 year’s experience of investing in the training and personal development of young British talent and showcasing it on exciting platforms all over the UK and around the world.”
The closing date for applications is January 17.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
- For more information and how to apply visit www.ideastap.com/nytapply