School footballers return home as Arsenal champions
- Credit: Archant
Rotherfield Primary School beat off tough competition to take home the prestigious trophy
An Islington school football team were rewarded for their top scoring efforts as they beat off tough competition to win a prestigious tournament last Friday.
Year Six boys from Rotherfield Primary School, in Rotherfield Street, competed against other schools across Islington including Sacred Heart, Hungerford and Canonbury Primary schools to eventually emerge as Arsenal’s summer tournament boys champions.
In the early stages of the competition, both boys and girls played in the tournament in a series of mini-heats.
But it was the boy’s team that triumphed and played in the final at Arsenal’s community hub next to the Emirate’s Stadium in Drayton Park, which was opened in the spring to teach children football skills.
You may also want to watch:
The star players from Rotherfield Primary School’s winning team included Albert Morina, Lorik Luqpi, Jason Kurti, Jorden Peterson, Casey Christou and Martin Matete.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter