St Andrew’s Montessori nursery in Barnsbury rated Outstanding Ofsted for third time in a row
- Credit: Archant
A Barnsbury nursery is celebrating being awarded its third Outstanding rating from Ofsted in a row.
St Andrew's Montessori at St Andrew's Church in Thornhill Square was judged to be Outstanding in all aspects of teaching and learning, attainment, behaviour and leadership.
Ofsted inspectors said the quality of teaching was "consistently excellent, adding: "Staff effortlessly follow children's emerging interests and help them to develop a very strong sense of belonging and an excellent emotional stability.
"Children demonstrate unapologetic enthusiasm for learning and discovery. They have enquiring minds and are curious, quizzical and eager to learn."
They added: "The highly-qualified and experienced leadership and staff team successfully fulfils the highest of expectations for all children. They create a vibrant, inspiring environment.
You may also want to watch:
"Team morale is high. Leaders place exceptional attention on supporting staff's emotional well-being, including managing their workload."
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 7 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 8 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green