St Andrew’s Montessori nursery in Barnsbury rated Outstanding Ofsted for third time in a row
- Credit: Archant
A Barnsbury nursery is celebrating being awarded its third Outstanding rating from Ofsted in a row.
St Andrew's Montessori at St Andrew's Church in Thornhill Square was judged to be Outstanding in all aspects of teaching and learning, attainment, behaviour and leadership.
Ofsted inspectors said the quality of teaching was "consistently excellent, adding: "Staff effortlessly follow children's emerging interests and help them to develop a very strong sense of belonging and an excellent emotional stability.
"Children demonstrate unapologetic enthusiasm for learning and discovery. They have enquiring minds and are curious, quizzical and eager to learn."
They added: "The highly-qualified and experienced leadership and staff team successfully fulfils the highest of expectations for all children. They create a vibrant, inspiring environment.
You may also want to watch:
"Team morale is high. Leaders place exceptional attention on supporting staff's emotional well-being, including managing their workload."
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?