Three women charged with Newington Green arson
Three women appeared in court yesterday (January 4) charged with arson following a fire in Newington Green.
The blaze started at around 1.20am on December 30 in a non-residential building on Green Lanes.
About 10 people were in the building, one of whom suffered burnt hands and was treated at the scene.
The fire was put out by the time fire fighters arrived.
The incident is the fourth suspected firebomb attack in the Islington area since the start of November.
Three women, aged 28, 25 and 20, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court charged with arson with intent to endanger life.
They were remanded in custody to reappear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 13.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 10 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?