Three women charged with Newington Green arson
Three women appeared in court yesterday (January 4) charged with arson following a fire in Newington Green.
The blaze started at around 1.20am on December 30 in a non-residential building on Green Lanes.
About 10 people were in the building, one of whom suffered burnt hands and was treated at the scene.
The fire was put out by the time fire fighters arrived.
The incident is the fourth suspected firebomb attack in the Islington area since the start of November.
You may also want to watch:
Three women, aged 28, 25 and 20, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court charged with arson with intent to endanger life.
They were remanded in custody to reappear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 13.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller