Three women charged with Newington Green arson
Three women appeared in court yesterday (January 4) charged with arson following a fire in Newington Green.
The blaze started at around 1.20am on December 30 in a non-residential building on Green Lanes.
About 10 people were in the building, one of whom suffered burnt hands and was treated at the scene.
The fire was put out by the time fire fighters arrived.
The incident is the fourth suspected firebomb attack in the Islington area since the start of November.
You may also want to watch:
Three women, aged 28, 25 and 20, appeared at Thames Magistrates Court charged with arson with intent to endanger life.
They were remanded in custody to reappear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 13.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'